8 May 2013

Starting creative writing DAY 5

Half way through my course.

Can you believe it?

I can't!

Well in this lesson we went through the previous weeks homework, Childrens story, and discussed each others work. Always a nerve wracking time for little me. This and... making my way to the lesson, entering the class room, waiting to see who gets picked to read (praying it;s not me), panicking I will be picked to answer a question.

Why do I put myself through this?

Anyways, after this, we played a quick game of story writing. So we had to write a few lines, of anything really. Then fold it so only the last 2 lines were visible and pass it round to the next person. So on and so on.

Here is what I ended up with....

The liquid flowed uncontrollably upwards. I gasped for my breath. I was beginning to swallow it, choke. I spluttered, this stuff was going up my nose. My eyes were closed, I didn't want it to get in there but I could feel the warmth of it trying to ooze in. 

It was some kind of alien slime. Ecotoplasm you might call it- and it was clearly originating from the stomach of the dead alien lying a few metres in front of me. It was clearly trying to inhabit my body, perhaps with the idea of breeding inside there. Nothing in my training had prepared me for this. I began to panic. Who could I turn to for help? The rest of my battalion were dead and the radio transmitter had been blown up. There was no way to get a SOS message out there. 

I had to move out. Quickly, before their soldiers arrived. There was no point in taking the jeep. Too big, visible and thirsty for petrol. I no longer hid. In a panic of hurry I gathered together my own survival kit and took Johnnies emergency rations. One rucksack. One man. One forest.

Note: I must select one sentence from this and write an 800 word complete story for next week. I am thinking....One rucksack. One man. One forest.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Scared.

1 comment:

  1. oh bugger! Good luck with this one ;) At least you can make up a nice adventurous story of a man walking through the forest with a rucksack on, hahahah (very helpful, right...)
    I am glad to hear you are still enjoying your classes. I know it's a struggle every Tuesday before going, but every time afterwards you seem very happy. So next time, when you are nervous and stressed about going there, remember this ;)

    ReplyDelete