22 January 2013

My kindle ran out of battery and I left my earphones at work. What now?



I never really considered myself particularly technology dependant, don't get me wrong I like new gadgets but I don't feel I have to have them all. Now that I have made myself clear on this lets continue....

You know when you're on the train and you take a quick glance at all your fellow passengers, and apart from the few dosing with their heads dangerously hanging over their neighbours shoulder or plastered across the glass panel, doesn't it strike you as scarily robotic the way they are all either connected to their iPhone, glued to their kindles or failing that reading the newspaper. Anything to avoid just sitting there waiting for their stop to come up. Am I so twitchy? I mean what's a 30 minute train ride with no entertainment?

Well, I can't answer that in all honesty. It took me from Vauxhall to Pimlico ( that's one stop for any chauffeur driven readers) to realise that 2 minutes of staring into space is enough to make me grab my own white little preciousss and write this. 

Gosh the boredom of not having anything to look at apart from the other minions on board, who may I add, are not that pleasing to the eye. Or worse the risk of having to actually think! Of letting my mind wonder into the world of worries, concerns and finances.....oh this is too much for the morning commute. This must be what they've discovered our technology be it books, music, movies, games all allow us to switch off our minds and in the morning prolonging this is ideal. Oops, I better get off the train.... chao. x

2 comments:

  1. That’s what we call a productive journey to work, and it keeps you busy, and it feels like the journey lasts only a few seconds...
    I have to say, without my kindle I am completely lost on a train or on a bus and the journey feels soooo looong. I find it really hard to find time for reading at home, that's why, for me, reading on my journey home is a perfect use of otherwise wasted time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think in future I will go between writing and reading on the train. You're right it is could use of time. :)

    ReplyDelete