17 January 2013

Travel Alert


Pandemonium on the journey home

Honestly, yesterday evenings journey was testing my rather exhausted patience. There I was happily making my way home with a bag of delicious bunuelos when the 137 in front of my bus broke down. It BROKE DOWN right there at the bus stop, full of people all packed in like sardines. Me being one of the many little fish risking frostbite. But hey...that alone wouldn't phase me. I mean it's not my bus, and why make their problem mine?

But, wait for it... The bloody bugger blocked the road in such a way that no other bus could pass. So evidently their problem promptly became mine! Well, 15 minutes later with all the passengers spread out like some sort of ground control team we were finally able to board our buses and make our way. So, after a considerable amount of huffing and puffing, I breathed a sigh of relief and made myself comfy.  Little did I know that more was to come.

As we progressed through Clapham I found myself off the bus once more and still nowhere near home. Door failure was the diagnoses and Jo was let down by the transport service for a second time somewhere between Clapham Common and Christchurch road. Well,  if that didn't take the biscuit, we were then rushed onto the bus like cattle with not even an apology for all the toing and throwing. I mean how hard would it be to say 'sorry for any inconvenience caused to your journey this evening ladies and gents'. But nope, not a word, we all sort of guessed by the drivers body language that we could get back on, that's bus drivers for you. I could write a whole other post on bus drivers and their mode of conduct. I won't though as it would only bring the pent up anger to the surface. So on that note how was your journey home?


Oh before I go... here are the bunuelos and cheesy bread in all their glory....



No comments:

Post a Comment