26 March 2013

Would you laugh or cry?

Today, I saw my dad, I know, big deal!

Well when I say I got married on the 25th August and this is the first time I've seen him since then it makes my surprise a bit more plausible. That's what? 7 months ago? And that is actually a short break compared to ones we've had before.

He came to drop some Arepa's off at work and to my delight and astonishment he surprised me by bringing me packed lunch. Yep, those heart strings were as taut as they could get. My dad had actually brought me something! I ran up the stairs to the office gripping my packed lunch like a kid with an Easter egg. I opened my little container up.....and inside was some rice with MUSSELS!! I think my dad is trying to kill me. :(

Yes it was comical and picturing the headlines did make me giggle. Or calling him from the emergency room while my throat closed up over a long Easter weekend did have me in stitches. But, on a much deeper level how sad that my own dad doesn't know what could kill me. How sad that he knows me so very little.

I truly hope that if I ever have the pleasure of having babies their father (Halil I hope or I will be in the dog house) will know them and want to always know all their peculiarities.

P.S. I don't have the heart to bin it. What do I do with it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment