25 March 2013

Brrrrrrrr weekend


Well things certainly are upside down in the UK. 
The weekend saw rain, snow, grey skies and freezing temperatures. This time last year there were pictures of people on the beach!!! Stupid, stupid miserable country stuck at the mercy of the jet stream. 

I couldn't find the strength, or an urgent enough reason, to venture outside so I spent every minute of the 48 hours in my flat. By the end of Saturday, most of which I spent alone, I felt that I had extended the day to it's maximum. I cleaned the flat, washed and folded clothes, cooked, painted the hallway, did some knitting, watched tv and had an unimaginable amount of tea and coffee to stay warm.  After such a full-on day Sunday was set to be a laid back relaxy-prepary-for-Monday sort of day. Or so I thought, until Hal decided to DIY. I couldn't just sit around and watch. No way! So out came the darker shade of grey and of she went painting one living room wall that became 3 living room walls and opps suddenly it was 8pm. Sunday was over :(.

On an extremely positive note, we got a lot done and in such an unexpected way. :)



^ Managed to clean my make up brushes, yay!


^ Not looking good at 6pm ahhhhhhhhh!




^By 9pm it looked much better


^ the Mr's wardrobe (pure talent)


^It was all too much for us


^ Cute stitch I found :) How long before I undo it all? Place your bets people!



^ Not Bella's most flattering position but she is a heart melter.

That's all my half frostbiten little fingers can manage.... How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. well that was a well spent weekend, but I bet you were exhausted at the end. I saw ewita at least, not usual catch up as she had company but always and nice face to see. pls dont unstich the scarf its a lovely stictch and colour too.

    Your weekend looked ver reproductive and rewarding see it this way if you do all the DIY now in the summer we can just go and do nothing in the park! :) bella looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you were a very busy bee over the weekend. Let’s look at it this way: with such a miserable weather you wouldn't be able to do much outside, and it would be such a waste anyway. Even though the DIY is exhausting, it's so rewarding, and you have a satisfaction seeing the result. Grey walls look GREAT! I really like it ;) The progress in the flat is extraordinary! It looks like this kind of weather is just perfect for DIY. Keep it up. You will have a perfect flat for summer :))) Bellita is so bella!

    ReplyDelete